Perfect Your Pitch
Perfect Your Pitch—
for Freelance Writers Only
Are you a freelance writer or blogger who frequently pitches story ideas to websites, magazines, newspapers, blogs, or newsletters? If you have a pitch—or two or 22—that is not working, that keeps getting rejected, or a new one you want to perfect before you send it out for the first time, I can help.
1. You send me:
- the pitch/query letter (a rough initial draft or the current one you've been submitting)
- any questions/concerns you have
- a list of venues that have declined (or venues you are targeting)
- a copy of those rejections (if they said more than "no thanks")
- notes about what kinds of venues you hope the story to land in
2. I may ask you a few questions, then I:
- provide feedback, edit suggestions, and possibly suggest additional research needed
- pass on thoughts, recommendations about the type of target venues you might consider
3. You revise.
4. If you like, send it back to me for one additional pass and/or questions.
Option 1 - You pay $100 in advance for four pitches.
(You don't have to "use up" all four pitches right away; your account stays open for 12 months.)
Option 2 - $30 per pitch, pay as you go.
If you want a phone consult along the way, that's charged at $15 for about 15 minutes (not usually necessary, but available).
Turnaround time is about a week. Rush 24-hour turnaround is available for an additional $15.
Payment due in advance.
To get started, email me a note specifying which option you want, I’ll send an invoice, and we’ll take it from there.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.lisaromeo.net/work-with-lisa/perfect-your-pitch/